Saturday, January 12, 2013

Nick Jr. Night Time Programming for Moms - Are They Serious?

When the television in my house is on, it’s tuned to Nick Jr. My three year old daughter loves all the shows on that station. Don't even think about watching anything else. If Ni Hao Kai Lan is on, she's glued to that set. Lately, I’ve been seeing commercials in-between her shows for programming that they are apparently running at night. They’re calling it NickMoms (or something like that) and they’re saying it’s for “mom time” when the kids are finally asleep and you get those few precious hours to yourself that you look forward to each day.
I couldn’t help but laugh out loud at this. Do they seriously think I’m going to watch Nick Jr. once my daughter is asleep? I can’t change that channel fast enough. Forget CNN, forget CSI, forget NCIS, forget Bravo (yes, okay, I watch those housewives shows) I need more Nick Jr! Come on. Seriously???

No comments:

Post a Comment